monit-general

Re: apache restarted too often?

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: apache restarted too often?
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 03:38:59 +0100

"Dirk-Jan C. Binnema" <address@hidden> writes:

> I see this happening many times during a day (but not every time monit
> checks). It does seem to correlate with the website getting more hits;
> the website is still fully reachable while monit thinks it's not.
>

> Any hints on what is happening?

You provided the hint yourself; "seem to correlate with the website
getting more hits;". When monit test a connection it has a default 5
second timeout. That is, if the server did not respond with a response
within 5 seconds monit assume something is wrong and the connection
test fails.

Try with a longer timeout, for example:

    if failed host www.xxx.yyy port 80 protocol http
       and with timeout 30 seconds then restart

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland