monit-general

Apache problem with monit

From: Eero Volotinen
Subject: Apache problem with monit
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:00:12 +0300

My system is running apache with high load ("usage") sometimes apache crashes and monit fails to start it. What is wrong?

Monitrc:

    set daemon 700
    set logfile syslog facility log_daemon
    check process apache
    with pidfile "/var/run/httpd.pid"
    start program = "/etc/init.d/httpd start"
    stop program = "/etc/init.d/httpd stop"
    alert address@hidden
    if 10 restarts within 15 cycles then timeout
    if children > 255 for 5 cycles then stop
    if cpu usage > 95% for 3 cycles then restart
    if failed port 80 protocol http then restart
    group server

Initscrips are standard redhat.

It apache crashes what monit does? runs start program? What I should do, if I want to monit run /etc/init.d/httpd restart to start apache?

--
Eero