monit-general

Re: make sintaxs errors

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: make sintaxs errors
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:15:21 +0200

These errors are related to autoconf compilation test - it means that there
are missing some prerequesite headers during autoconf header check. It is
harmless (headers are present and available). The fix of these warnings is
possible by explicit definition of prerequisire headers in 'configure.ac'.

The problem you mentioned is probably caused by some missing prerequisite
header specific for HP/UX in monit's 'control.c':

--8<--
> gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall -D _REENTRANT -DHPUX  -I. -I./device -I./http
> -I./process -I./protocols control.c -o control.o
> In file included from control.c:31:
> /usr/include/sys/socket.h:484: parse error before "sendfile"
> /usr/include/sys/socket.h:485: parse error before "bsize_t"
> /usr/include/sys/socket.h:486: parse error before "sendpath"
> /usr/include/sys/socket.h:487: parse error before "bsize_t"
> gmake: *** [control.o] Error 1
--8<--

The header is most probably the same which causes autoconf warning.