monit-general

Re: Monitoring Mysql service status

From: Jason L. Buberel
Subject: Re: Monitoring Mysql service status
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:10:30 -0700

Ashok,

I am assuming that you are monitoring mysql using a simple TCP socket connection request to the mysql port. Is that correct?

If so, then it will not consume any connection resource for more than the few milliseconds it takes to open the port in order to verify that mysql is listening on that port, then disconnect.

When monitoring postgres, I see the following log entries that indicate the monit status check:

Dec 30 22:54:02 srv1 postgres[32135]: [1-1] LOG:  incomplete startup packet

Regards,
-jason

Message: 1