monit-general

More file content matching problems

From: Nathan
Subject: More file content matching problems
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 10:20:38 +0100

Last one, I promise :)

Sooo, after not being able to do multiple regexp in a file I decided to
have multiple "if match" lines.

Again from
http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/manual.php#file_content_testing

"All IGNORE MATCH statements are evaluated first, in the order of their
appearance. Thereafter, all the IF MATCH statements are evaluated."

So I assume that means you can have multiple if statements (and the
"real world example" appears to confirm that.

Here is my config:

check file server.log with path /foo/log/server.log
  if match ".*\sERROR\s.*"
  if match ".*\sWARN\s.*" then
    exec "/bin/true"
    alert address@hidden

Here is the output from monit:

                "Error: parse error 'if'"

Have I found yet another bug, or am I just interpreting the manual wrongly ?

Thanks again,
Nathan