monit-general

Re: [monit] Question about cpu monitoring and "expect" behaviour

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [monit] Question about cpu monitoring and "expect" behaviour
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 23:35:53 +0100

On 11. mars. 2009, at 23.10, Sébastien Wacquiez wrote:

I tested my regex with a few tools (under linux) and they all worked without problem.

FYI: Most scripting languages, such as your python example, use variants of PCRE (Perl-Compatible Regular Expressions), not POSIX regex. Its important to note that PCRE expressions _may not_ work in Monit's expect strings as they use POSIX regex which is kind of a subset to PCRE.