monit-general

[monit] dependancy & starting processes

From: Nick Upson
Subject: [monit] dependancy & starting processes
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:30:23 +0100

I have a monit config (version 5..1.1)

I have 2 problems:

1) 2 processes, A and B, process B depends upon process A but if
process A fails to start monit attempts to start process B anyway,
how can I change things so that there is no attempt to start B until A
is running

2) if a process attempts to start but fails, monit waits approx 30
seconds before moving on (waiting for the pid file perhaps?),
 what is happening here and how can I change this behaviour