monit-general

Re: check host mailserver

From: Emil Natan
Subject: Re: check host mailserver
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 13:29:45 +0200

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Nick Upson <address@hidden> wrote:
This doesn't work, I get "/etc/monit.d/mailserver:5: Error: syntax
error 'mailserver'"
the same syntax works fine for other machines so I assume the problem
is the machine name (? can someone confirm)

is there a workaround?

use /etc/hosts to set additional name to that server (for example my_mailserver) and then change the following line accordingly:

check host mailserver with address my_mailserver

check host mailserver with address mailserver
 if failed icmp type echo count 3 with timeout 3 seconds for 3 cycles
then alert