monit-general

mmonit 2.0.3 to 2.3.3 (3rd send, not seen in list traffic)

From: Len Conrad
Subject: mmonit 2.0.3 to 2.3.3 (3rd send, not seen in list traffic)
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 11:06:16 -0500

upgrading all our monits and mmonit to latest version.

in the CHANGES, nothing about 2.0.3 to 2.3.3

Is it easier erase 2.0.3 and start over, or is there an upgrade script?

also, getting really tired of this stuff on only a couple of our monits, and
our inability to stop it.

[CDT Mar 24 11:51:11] error    : M/Monit: message sending failed to
http://mmonit.xxx.net:8080/collector -- HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server error
[CDT Mar 24 11:51:11] error    : M/Monit: communication failed (status message)

... every one or two seconds in monit.log.

mmonit can connects to the monit fine, shows that monit's monitored items.

deleting the monit host on mmonit and recreating doesn't work.

monit's password for mmonit is correct.

deleting monit's  .files for id, state, whatever, and restarting monit, no fix.

Thanks
Len