monit-general

Re: Help with a Check

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Help with a Check
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 22:14:08 +0100

On Jan 17, 2012, at 6:56 PM, Tyler Yosick wrote:

> I am in need of some help. I am trying to get monit to check a script at a
> certain time daily. I want to make sure the script completes, and if it
> doesn't, to output errors to an email or something.

You can use something like this [1]:

 check program name_of_test with path /path/to/script.sh
   every "* 8 * * 1-5" # Check every workday between 8AM-9AM
   if status != 0 then alert

In your script, in case of an error, everything written to stderr will be
included in the alert message emitted by Monit.

[1]

See http://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#program_status_testing
and http://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#service_poll_time