monit-general

Re: monit with systemd services

From: Kevin Chadwick
Subject: Re: monit with systemd services
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 18:11:03 +0000

> > I still can't workout how to put,
> > a monit syntax to watch rsyslog,
> > most of the systemd stated services,
> > use no pid.

I would recommend to anyone to avoid using systemd.

However I would also recommend that if you have time to come up with a
regular expression for process match that does not give false positives
then that option in monit should be more reliable and work just fine
(should take no time at all if you have any experience with regex).

I used to use pgrep wrapper scripts that created pid files before that
option was added to monit.