monit-general

Re: Proxy

From: sven falempin
Subject: Re: Proxy
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 11:47:43 -0500

remove :80 as a start

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Philip Waters <address@hidden> wrote:
Confessed relative newbie on this. I know that the syntax is wrong, but that is what I'm hoping for help on.

Consider the case that I'm local.mydomain.com, I have configured http_proxy with export http_proxy="myproxy.mydomain.com:80"

I would like to verify that my buddy's external public domain is working. my request that initiates from local has to traverse myproxy.mydomain.com to check.

here is my proposed monit rule

check host my.buddy.com
  if failed port 80 proto http
      with target "http://my.buddy.com:80" and maxforward 6
      then alert

I get a syntax error, (probably the with target, but I pulled this from the sip example.

What's a better way?

/\