monit-general

Re: Monit on Cygwin

From: Russell Simpkins
Subject: Re: Monit on Cygwin
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 09:12:03 -0500

The log shows that configure is having problems testing gcc.

Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.8.3 (GCC)
configure:3289: $? = 0
configure:3278: gcc -V >&5
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
configure:3289: $? = 1
configure:3278: gcc -qversion >&5
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.

You should try running

$> autoreconf -i --force

If you have troubles with that, you could try re-running autoconf and automake by hand. Autoconf reads configure.ac to generate configure

$> autoconf -if
$> automake -acf

Good luck - autoconf/automake issues can be a bugger. This is a good read on autotools if you're interested in learning more: http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/books/autotools_a_guide_to_autoconf_automake_libtool

Russ