monit-general

Newbie issues setting up

From: Alex W
Subject: Newbie issues setting up
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 11:56:47 -0700

Hey, I'm trying to get monit running in a virtual machine right now as a test for watching and automatically restarting processed related to Apache Storm. As a first test, I'm just trying to get monit to start up Storm's UI daemon for me.

Environment: CentOS 6.5 running monit.x86_64-5.1.1-4.el6 from epel.

Config (including monitrc type stuff): http://pastebin.com/rU2uMLLi

When I start up monit (monit -Iv), I see my process correctly listed in the service list, but the process never starts, and the logs go quiet. I know that monit is still running (ps -ef shows monit with the same pid as /var/run/monit.pid), so it isn't just crashing or anything like that. Nothing happens even after waiting for an hour.

Output of monit -Iv: http://pastebin.com/CwNJGpRA

Contents of logfile /var/log/monit: http://pastebin.com/7ASsHEKJ

Feel like I'm probably just missing something simple in getting this working, but I've been stuck on it for a while now. Anybody have any suggestions?