monit-general

Re: Q: Is there a way to include some text into monit's alert message?

From: Bryan Harris
Subject: Re: Q: Is there a way to include some text into monit's alert message?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 08:34:38 -0400

Unless I misunderstand your question, I do this by printing to standard output. Like in the script here:

https://bitbucket.org/tildeslash/monit/issues/346/check-user-account-expiration

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 2:26 AM, Storm <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi all! I have a simple question about using monit's program checks.

I plan to use program check, with it's exit code I can force monit to send alert mail message, ok. But how to include into that message some output produced by checking program?

I could modify program to write it's output in some file but how to tell monit to use this file during message composing?

There is something description field in mail-format, is it suitable for this purpose?

From monit's docs:

The subject and body may contain $NAME variables, which are expanded by Monit. Here is a list of variables that can be used when composing an alert message

$DESCRIPTION The description of the error condition

Thanks in advance for your answers!