Re: [Monotone-devel] depot manipulation routines

From: graydon hoare
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] depot manipulation routines
Date: 10 Nov 2003 17:04:31 -0500

Johannes Winkelmann <address@hidden> writes:

> This made me wondering about something like
>   depot.cgi list (list groups)
> and
>   depot.cgi remove <group>
> to remove a group completely from the depot.

sure, those would be easy to add. if you'd be so kind as to file it in
the BTS, I'll happily throw that, and any other "obvious" depot
maintenance tasks, in with the next release.

I was also considering expanding the "status" command, so that a
machine could harvest some useful information about your depot (list
of groups and packets in each, say). what do you think?

> Or is there another way to do this?

sqlite databases, in general, can be manipulated with plain SQL
statements using the sqlite command shell, a small program included in
most distributions of sqlite. also on the client side exposes this
sort of thing via the "monotone debug <sql-stmt>" command. but these
are last resorts; for obvious tasks, I prefer to add a real command to
perform them.

> P.S. Both CVS import and posting/fetching went fine now!

wonderful news, thanks for being persistent.

-graydon