Re: [Monotone-devel] 0.10 released

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] 0.10 released
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 11:48:40 +0100

graydon hoare schrieb:
I am being intentionally obtuse in not making this part of the current self-hosting page. I would like some feedback and experimentation with netsync from patient people who are already familliar with monotone, not newcomers attracted from the release announcement. I included just barely enough documentation to cover how to use netsync commands. once you've imported this key, built a new monotone and migrated to the new schema I would recommend you try:

  $ monotone --key="" pull off.net net.venge.monotone

that should hook you up with the newest-latest, anonymously, and there'll be no more need to use the depot. if it doesn't, or it crashes, or hangs, or goes funny, please just send me a private mail with a log.

private? well, I will tell you what happens in public and then try to figure out how to make a log.

puck:~/localcvs/monotone> monotone --key="" pull off.net net.venge.monotone
monotone: warning: doing anonymous pull
monotone: rebuilding merkle trees for collection net.venge.monotone
monotone: [keys: 3] [mcerts: 576]
monotone: connecting to off.net
monotone: warning: caught bad_decode exception decoding input from peer off.net: 'bad checksum 0xd755001c vs. 0x9a55131c'

Remember:
this is a big-endian unsigned-by-default-char aka trouble-is-likely machine (powerpc)

   Christof

anyways I'm a little pooped so I'm going to bed.

Well done so far. Sleep well.

PS: I'm still holding my breath to see whether there are any news from the gcc-using-monotone front.