[Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone Head + Boost 1.31.0 Failure

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone Head + Boost 1.31.0 Failure
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:31:17 -0500

Paul Snively wrote:

Investigation strongly suggests that what's really crapping out is the configure script's attempt to determine what the object-file extension that's produced by my C/C++ compiler is. As a consequence, it keeps looking for FOO when it should be looking for FOO.o. This wreaks all manner of havoc.

I've noticed this behavior too. I think it has to do with the mucking around I do with CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS near the beginning of configure.ac, but I can't figure out what exactly. if you configure without CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS set, it should work, but that's no help to you :(

I'll keep looking at it, it's probably something obvious.

-graydon