[Monotone-devel] Hosting multiple projects

From: Nico -telmich- Schottelius
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Hosting multiple projects
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 23:08:24 +0200

Hello again!

I am currently thinking about hosting more projects from one monotone instance.
I think the correct way is to have multiple collections.

Now my question: What exactly defines a collection and how do I define it?
What I did the last time is:

- create a db locally
- add files to branch "org.schottelius.gpm"
- create db remote
- push branch to remote
- announce branch as collection

What if I would like to publish a project called "clinux"?
My try would be

- create a db locally
- add files to branch "org.schottelius.clinux"
- push branch to remote
- announce branch as collection

This looks fine to me, but when I am using monotone I got more than
one branch although I requested only net.venge.monotone:

scice% monotone list branches
net.venge.monotone
net.venge.monotone.experiment.sqlite-shell
net.venge.monotone.gui
net.venge.monotone.i18n
net.venge.monotone.win32

Does that mean if I create "org.schottelius.clinux.installation" it will
get downloaded automaticly if I request "org.schottelius.clinux"?

Just my "Himmelfahrtstag"-(German holiday)-thoughts,

Nico

--
Keep it simple & stupid, use what's available.
pgp: 8D0E E27A          | Nico Schottelius