Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: netsys and crypto...

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: netsys and crypto...
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 08:05:23 +0200

Hi,

Phil de Joux wrote:

another possibility is to use christof's new work which lets netsync tunnel
into a monotone serve instance using ssh (or similar unix pipe adaptor).
this work is not yet integrated into the main branch, but can be found on
net.venge.monotone.ssh branch. I am willing to adjust this sort of thing
to suit people's preferences, I've just been a bit pressed for time
recently.

This is not very appealing when machines at both ends are running Windows.

Windows can use pipes too. There'd be nothing in principle to stop you piping over ssh under windows. An alternative would be to tell monotone to connect to localhost:12345 and have an ssh client port forward 12345 to monotone's port on the remote host.

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.