Re: [Monotone-devel] deleting branches, keys, etc.

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] deleting branches, keys, etc.
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:44:23 -0700

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 10:10:55PM -0600, Derek Scherger wrote:
> Of course naming commands is always fun. For removing certs how about
> something like
>
>       $ monotone uncert ID CERTNAME
>
> which would be quite similar to the corresponding cert creation command.
> Alternatively, perhaps
>
>       $ monotone cert add ID CERTNAME
>       $ monotone cert del ID CERTNAME (or delete,drop,remove)
>
> or, along the lines of the ls commands
>
>       $ monotone rm cert ID CERTNAME
>
> although reproducing a shell like set of commands (ls, rm, etc.) doesn't
> seem great.

Please hide them more than this, since they're very much telling
monotone "hey, I know better than you, I'm reaching around your back
and violating the invariants of your model, and you need to just shut
up and trust me".  They should go under the 'debug' command or
something, IMO.  Or maybe 'admin', I guess?

Damn the Solar System.  Bad light; planets too distant; pestered with
comets; feeble contrivance; could make a better one myself.
  -- Lord Jeffrey