Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Stable version?

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Stable version?
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:02:16 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Fri, 17 Dec 2004 20:46:15 -0500, graydon hoare
<address@hidden> said:

graydon> so rev 68d5d, which is my most recent head

Not any more.

Currently, an older monotone (revision 891a7f52) will only update me
to revision f4f7a03f, which is the merge just before 68d5d98e.
'monotone agraph' and 'monotone-viz' both agree there is more after
f4f7a03f, like this:

                         \    /
                        f4f7a03f

                        68d5d98e

                        2a7f1921
                        /      \
                   4ce82311  765dce85

If I try another 'monotone update', it says this:

  monotone: multiple update candidates:
  monotone:   4ce82311339f43569b7adacb366db609edac9d35 address@hidden
2004-12-18T08:24:09
  monotone:   765dce857cc6dc74f9cbbd4167bfce6fdaebb6c9 address@hidden
2004-12-18T09:57:16
  monotone: choose one with 'monotone update <id>'
  monotone: misuse: multiple candidates remain after selection

Of course I can understand why it does this.  What I don't understand
is why it won't update me to 2a7f1921 at least, since that's the
common ancestor.

I've checked that monotone recision f4f7a03f still misbehaves the same
way.

Either way, once things seems to start settling (it looks to me like
it's getting a lot closer), I'd like to request a new release soon.
The way I see it, you've nothing to lose.

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/