[Monotone-devel] Re: Branch naming conventions

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Branch naming conventions
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:23:06 +0000

Florian Weimer <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> The email address is as conventional as the date (and not all email
> addresses can be used because of arbitrary syntactic restrictions in
> the archive name).

Quite true: it's merely a string which has a certain syntactic form
which looks like (common) email addresses.  It got some criticism
since (until you understand that it doesn't have to be a real email
address) it seems to be distributing your email address all over the
place.

However, I think the biggest problem is that web mail archives tend to
obscure things that look like email addresses, so all references to
Arch archive names in the archives are also obscured.