[Monotone-devel] Connection timeout error message misleading

From: Dean Kusler
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Connection timeout error message misleading
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 20:12:11 -0600

I tried to do a pull from Olivier's server to get monotone-viz, and it was down (as he warns it may be on his web page - no problem, I'll just try again later). The message I got was this:

monotone: warning: doing anonymous pull
monotone: rebuilding merkle trees for collection ocaml.monotone-viz
monotone: connecting to karryall.dnsalias.org
monotone: discarding debug log
monotone: fatal: std::runtime_error: trapped network exception: failed to connect: Connection timed out

monotone: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.
monotone: please send this error message, the output of 'monotone --full-version', monotone: and a description of what you were doing to address@hidden

Now, I think that "Connection timed out" really isn't "almost certainly a bug in monotone". Should we detect certain errors like that and not display the "almost certainly a bug" message for them?

Dean