[Monotone-devel] Re: At a loss with libboost libraries on Debian [unstab

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: At a loss with libboost libraries on Debian [unstable]
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 04:46:23 +0200

Bruce Stephens writes:
Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <address@hidden> writes:
Using g++ 4.0 doesn't work, because some checker file in the boost
headers tells me it hasn't been tested with that version of g++.

I didn't find that.  The whole thing seems to have built for me (and
tests OK) with g++ (4:4.0.0-2) and the same versions of libboost that
you're using.

I'm guessing (I've forgotten) my problem was in the time when the latest libboost libraries were still linked with libstdc++.so.5... Last time I tried *and this is definitely when the latest libboost libraries are linkes with stdc++.so.6), there was still the test in some boost header telling me boost hasn't been tested with anything above gcc 3.4, which scared me off. I'm going to look again.
which suggests something's still broken.  Not monotone, I think.

Oh, I never thought monotone was broken, at least regarding this issue :-).
Cheers,
Richard
-----
http://richard.levitte.org/