[Monotone-devel] Re: sync bug

From: Shaun Jackman
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: sync bug
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:06:08 -0700

The push failed because I had imported the private key, but not the
public key. Now I'm seeing...

$ monotone push venge.net
monotone: connecting to venge.net
monotone: rebuilding merkle trees ...
monotone: including branch net.venge.monotone
monotone:   certs |    keys
monotone:    7682 |      29
monotone: read from fd 4 (peer venge.net) failed, disconnecting
monotone: bytes in | bytes out | certs out | revs out
monotone:        0 |       345 |         0 |        0

I suspect this is because I don't have write permission to the
monotone repository. If this is in fact the case, could the error
message be improved? Is there a facility in monotone to accept
anonymous patches, which the server operator can later accept or
reject at his leisure?

Cheers,
Shaun