[Monotone-devel] Re: Linking monotone with Debian's official sqlite shar

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Linking monotone with Debian's official sqlite shared library
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:53:56 +0200

Tomas Fasth <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello
>
> I maintain the monotone package in Debian. Monotone is using sqlite
> for data storage. It is currently _not_ linked with the sqlite
> shared library provided in Debian but instead linked with it's own
> copy of sqlite. This is not a good thing from the package
> maintainance and security point of view.

Indeed.

> The source for the latest release of monotone (version 0.21) contain
> sqlite source files from sqlite version 3.2.2 with the addition of a
> couple of local changes made by the monotone developers. See the
> attached diff for details.
>
> My question to Andreas Rottmann is; Since sqlite version 3.2.2 is
> not yet uploaded to the Debian unstable archive, is it possible to
> incorporate the changes already made to the monotone version of the
> sqlite source files?

Hmm, if I can get a rationale for this patch, I might add it to the
Debian package; I'd prefer the montone developers taking this upstream
themselves and not via Debian, however.

Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden
v2sw7MYChw5pr5OFma7u7Lw2m5g/l7Di6e6t5BSb7en6g3/5HZa2Xs6MSr1/2p7 hackerkey.com

Software Patents: Where do you want to stifle inovation today?