Re: [Monotone-devel] List revision IDs without a working copy?

From: Henry Kleynhans
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] List revision IDs without a working copy?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:56:01 +0200

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 08:18 -0700, Steven E. Harris wrote:
> Now, the motivating scenario. I have a small project that's
> accumulated a half dozen revisions. One of my coworkers prepares a
> databases, pulls my project over, and now has a database available
> with a copy of my work. She now wishes to check out a working copy of
> the tree to play with. She doesn't want to work on the latest
> revision, though; in fact, she wants the first revision available in
> the database.

I'm pretty sure that there is an easier way to do this; but the only way
I could find if you only want the first revision (and your db only
contains one project) is to do:

monotone --db=<db> agraph

(PS: You could also store the output in a file if you have a way to view
the VCG image directly or convert the VCG output into another image
format which should show you the revision tree in nice graphical format;
like xvcg under linux.)

Look for an edge element with an empty sourcename tag, like this:

edge: { sourcename : ""
        targetname : "42b0ee1315e07a82bc94cda1794fee348074b961" }

The targetname should be the first revision id.
You could verify this with:

monotone --db=<db> ls certs <revision id>

Which should have your initial import comment under the 'changelog'
entry.

Hopefully someone else has a better way of doing this.

Kind regards,

Henry

The views expressed in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of the
author and not those
of the FirstRand Banking Group an Authorised Financial Service Provider or its
management.
The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the
addressee.
Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or
omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of
information and data
transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, no
liability or
responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for whatever
reason, corrupted
or does not reach its intended destination.