Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone disapprove does not give correct branch ce

From: Emile Snyder
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone disapprove does not give correct branch cert
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:23:58 -0700

Yuck.  cert.cc:guess_branch(revision) defaults to using
app.branch_name() if one is set; ie. you are in a working copy.
There are 4 commands using guess_branch to decide how to cert a new
revision:

approve
disapprove
checkout
commit

I would argue that only commit should default to using the working copy
value if one is set.  approve and disapprove both take a revision as a
specific argument; I can sort of see using the value of the working copy
branch if that given revision has no branch cert, but not the other way
around.

Am I missing something?

thanks,
-emile