[Monotone-devel] Re: mtn command, extension, and MIME type

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: mtn command, extension, and MIME type
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 21:19:01 +0000 (UTC)

Shaun Jackman writes:

> I am willing to bet that many folk on this list have created an alias
> for the eight-lettered `monotone' command. [...]
> I use `mt' myself, although this conflicts with the old
> magnetic tape command.

I set the alias "mtn" since much before reading about the abbreviation
on this mailing list.
I guess it's just "natural" ;-)

I would have "monotone" as a command and "mtn" as a symlink, I like short
aliases but I also like descriptive names.
As in:
- "mtn? what's that?"
- "ls -l 'which mtn'"
- "aah, it's short for monotone".
(the opposite wouldn't work very well in this scenario ^_^)

    Lapo