[Monotone-devel] Re: The read-permissions file -- unexpected behavior

From: Steven E. Harris
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: The read-permissions file -- unexpected behavior
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 08:49:49 -0800

Timothy  Brownawell <address@hidden> writes:

> Is com.example.foo a branch that really exists in the server's
> database?  If not, then permission will be granted because there's
> nothing to read, and so nothing to deny permission for.

Ah, that must be it. No, com.example.foo does not exist in the server
database, but does exist in the client database.

Some background: I've been using the client database for some time
now, and only set up the server a few days ago. I pulled /some/ of the
content from the original "client" database to the server, as there is
some content in the original database I'm not sure I'll want to keep
and distribute. By yesterday I had forgotten that none of the
com.example.foo content has every been present in the server database.

Thanks for asking the right question.

--
Steven E. Harris