[Monotone-devel] manual merging

From: Oguz Altun
Subject: [Monotone-devel] manual merging
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 18:13:15 +0200

Hi,

Since there seems to be no user mailing list I am posting these questions here. Questions may be too easy, but bear me please.

For some reason I deleted MT directory from my project directory. And I made some changes to an excell file. To rebegin version controlling I issueed
"monotone -d db -b branch setup ."
in the project directory. When I commit, monotone told there is a divergence and that I may wish to run monotone merge, which I did. It opened kdiff3 automatically, but I could do nothing ofcourse...

So, I have a couple of questions related.

1- Instead of opening a merging program, how could I just make the later file overwrite the one in db?
2- How can I change the merge program?

And a couple of questions not related
3- In the working directory, How can I revert back to an arbitrary revision?
4- In this reverting back business, is there a danger of loosing any changes? Does the db conserves every version like cvs? Or do I have to create two dbs and revert only the local one? 5- Could there be any problem in synchronizing working directory with unison?

The docs I read most but couldnt get these...
Thanks in advance.
ozi.