[Monotone-devel] Show working copy STATUS against the branch HEAD versio

From: Drakie Awita
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Show working copy STATUS against the branch HEAD version
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:31:11 -0800

Let's say I checked out a working copy of current branch's head
revision (rev-W). While I'm modifying my working copy, some other
developer checks into current branch their modification against rev-W,
hence the head revision is now "rev-N".

Now, before I check-in my modified copy and do the merge with rev-N,
is there some monotone command for me to show the difference between
my yet-to-be-checked-in modified copy and the latest branch head rev-N
?

I notice that "monotone status" only shows me the difference between
my modified copy and rev-W, not the latest head rev-N.  I could have
figured out the current head revision number "rev-N" through "monotone
heads", and then do a "monotone diff -r rev-N" for each of the files
in my modified copy (through "montone list known"?), but it's
cumbersome and I haven't yet figured out a way to list all the new
files added by rev-N without checking out rev-N (here I need something
like "monotone list known/unknown -rev N" from my working copy
associated with rev-W)

monotone is a great new way to do version control and I'm just
starting to scratch the surface of its possibilities.  Is there's some
command like "monotone status -r rev-N" to solve the problem here?

Thanks

--- Drakie