[Monotone-devel] Re: coLinux and 0.26pre1: Address family not supported

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: coLinux and 0.26pre1: Address family not supported by protocol
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 01:09:07 -0800

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 10:15:26PM +0100, Henry Nestler wrote:
> monotone: fatal: std::logic_error: error in revision:1:13:E: wanted
> symbol 'format_version', got TOK_SYMBOL with value new_manifest

This should be fixed in 61fda13115d12a5f97006e6e0b636fc44e0bbef0 on
mainline.

In particular, you should still get an error message, but the error
reported is the (hopefully) friendly message:
  monotone: misuse: database <...> contains revisions but no rosters
  monotone: misuse: if you are a project leader or doing local testing:
  monotone: misuse:   see the file UPGRADE for instructions on upgrading.
  monotone: misuse: if you are not a project leader:
  monotone: misuse:   wait for a leader to migrate project data, and then
  monotone: misuse:   pull into a fresh database.
  monotone: misuse: sorry about the inconvenience.

When the flush of a new-born sun fell first on Eden's green and gold,
Our father Adam sat under the Tree and scratched with a stick in the mould;
And the first rude sketch that the world had seen was joy to his mighty heart,
Till the Devil whispered behind the leaves, "It's pretty, but is it Art?"
  -- The Conundrum of the Workshops, Rudyard Kipling