[Monotone-devel] Re: pluck problem

From: Graydon Hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: pluck problem
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 17:22:31 -0700

Craig Lennox wrote:

I've been playing with 'mtn pluck' for a bit and in general I like it.
To me the name is not quite apt, because when you pluck something, it
no longer exists in the place you plucked it from.  I might have
called it something like 'mimic'.  Though that's probably not much
improvement in the stodginess department.  FWIW, arch's command to do
roughly the same thing (plus some metadata bookkeeping) is called
'replay'.

Yeah, "mimic" and "replay" sound nicer to me. We also ran across "adapt" and "imitate" on IRC. I'd be fine with any of those I think.

-graydon