[Monotone-devel] Re: Dry run?

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Dry run?
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:59:15 +0100

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <address@hidden> writes:

> In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:42:07 +0100, Bruce
> Stephens <address@hidden> said:
>
> monotone> I believe that was the intention, yes.  Hmm, I thought the idea was
> monotone> described in the wiki, but I don't see it.  Anyway, my impression
> was
> monotone> that Nathaniel et alles were thinking exactly along the lines of a
> monotone> --dryrun (or some other suitable flag) as you describe.
>
> wouldn't surprise me if that was on IRC.  I haven't been on the
> channel for about 3 weeks by now.  I'm on vacation :-)

I'm fairly sure it's been discussed on the mailing list more than
once, too.  I thought it might have been one of the SoC suggestions,
but doesn't seem to be.

Anyway, I'm fairly sure what you're thinking of is much what everyone
else thought, too: some commands (like update, commit (maybe, although
status does this I guess), merge, propagate, push?) could do with a
"don't touch anything" flag that just says what they would do.

[...]