[Monotone-devel] Re: Improving the performance of annotate

From: Graydon Hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Improving the performance of annotate
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 01:19:09 -0700

Nathaniel Smith wrote:

I don't quite follow this part.  Above you seemed to say we would just
re-code the contents of revisions into db rows; but revisions contain
no information that lets you "skip between revs that actually affect"
a given file.  I guess you store some more information than that?
Like what?

Sorry; "re-code roster deltas as structured db rows". Revisions still stored as plaintext.

(your further arguments about marking-and-skipping, alas, are too well formed for me to add anything coherent about, after this long bleary-eyed debugging session)

-graydon