Re: [Monotone-devel] Problems after building monotone

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Problems after building monotone
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:38:57 -0700

On 7/20/06, Justin Patrin <address@hidden> wrote:

The manual compile I did most certainly didn't have anything but the
default optimization in monotone's build scripts. I've tried both 0.25
and 0.27 at -O0 and it made no difference. -O3 worked fine before for
0.25.

Ah.  That probably rules out the compiler, then.  -O0 miscompiles are
rare, but they do happen.

I think what we'd like to see next is the backtrace at -g -O0.  Also,
try running under valgrind (again, the unoptimized version) and tell
us what it prints for the very first invalid memory access that isn't
in setlocale().  (glibc is buggy.)

Could it be my boost or gcc versions? They were both likely
updated since I originally installed monotone.

It can't hurt to make sure the boost libraries were compiled with the
compiler you have installed, but I doubt this is the problem.

zw