[Monotone-devel] URGENT: help needed - quick way to start project up wit

From: alex ku
Subject: [Monotone-devel] URGENT: help needed - quick way to start project up with monotone working on 2 newbies' machine?
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:27:49 -0700

Hi all,

Could someone please help explain a way to allow me to quickly start using monotone for my 2-man team project up, with my situation explained below?

- My friend (next door) and I are planning to work on a Windows GUI project

- We just need to get something up QUICK to allow us to work on our coding project SEPERATELY on our own machines

- Need ONLY simple tasks like just checking in, merging, combining files...

- Our two machines have internet access

- None of them have any "servers" setup

- We know nothing much about networking, never mind having anything like servers or stuff sitting around

- I found Monotone, but got stuck at the point where I seemingly need to have a "server" setup.

Any IMMEDIATE kindful HELP OR GUIDANCE would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

--
Alex Ku