Re: [Monotone-devel] RFC/preview: automate interface for cvssync

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] RFC/preview: automate interface for cvssync
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 08:37:58 -0500

On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 15:36 +0200, Christof Petig wrote:
> ----- these commands attach information* to an already present revision
>
> automate put_sync_info REVISION DOMAIN DATA
>    attach data to REVISION in DOMAIN
>
> automate get_sync_info REVISION DOMAIN
>    retrieve data from REVISION in DOMAIN
>
> automate find_newest_sync DOMAIN [BRANCH]
>    find the last changed sync node
[...]
> *) The information attachment is meant to be space efficient (xdiff
> encoded where possible) and uses both special files ".mtn-syn-*" and
> certificates where it has to attach information to an already present
> revision.

Why is there a need for this? It seems like it would be about the same
as having a XXXXXXX-metadata branch for the revision, except without
being able to use our existing merge infrastructure when people change
the metadata in different ways.

Tim

--
Free public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net