[Monotone-devel] mtn feature request: mtn commit --diff

From: Larry Hastings
Subject: [Monotone-devel] mtn feature request: mtn commit --diff
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 17:01:12 -0700

When I check in, I like to go over the full diff.  It's a last chance to double-check what goes in, as well as reminding me of exactly everything that changed, in case I forgot to do something or there are extra changes that I forgot about.

Right now I do it with a shell script:
    mtn diff > x
    vs x
    mtn commit
("vs" == "Visual SlickEdit").  It'd be nice if commit took a --diff flag, indicating that I wanted to see all the diffs rather than just a list of changed files.  In order to be cricket, it would of course have to prepend every line of the diff with #, so it didn't get interpreted as a comment.

For completeness' sakes, it might be nice to support --unified, --context, --external, and --diff-args for commit --diff.  Though personally I wouldn't use them.

Cheers,

larry