[Monotone-devel] another SHA1 update

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] another SHA1 update
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 21:00:22 -0700

I just rewrote the wiki page to hopefully be more complete and
up-to-date:
  http://venge.net/monotone/wiki/SpeedySpeedySHA1

The current status in brief is:
  -- arm, ppc, and nettle's x86 core can all be added immediately, if
     anyone is interested in seeing this happen (I may or may not get
     around to it soon, myself, and I definitely can't test arm or
     ppc).  In the x86 case, this should in theory give an immediate
     ~6% speedup on pull.
  -- Andy Polyakov is willing to relicense the openssl kernels,
     including most importantly the x86-64 one, but he's leaving on
     vacation for a couple weeks tomorrow, so things are stalled until
     then.
  -- Andy Polyakov has also volunteered to rewrite the 32-bit x86
     openssl kernel for us, to make it possible to relicense.
  -- We owe Andy a postcard :-).

Eternity is very long, especially towards the end.
  -- Woody Allen