Re: [Monotone-devel] key strangenesses

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] key strangenesses
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:32:55 -0500

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 19:20 +0200, Jon Bright wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While trying to import my monotone key into a fresh install of monotone,
>   I noticed two things:
>
> 1. Despite my having committed stuff to n.v.m in the past, the public
> half of my key wasn't in a freshly-pulled DB.  Have I misunderstood
> something, or should this have been there?

Was this before we released 0.26? There was a history format change
around then, so all the revision IDs changed and certs had to be
reissued.

> 2. "mtn read key.priv key.pub" appears to want a DB.  It should be able
> to operate with only the keystore, though?

"mtn read key.priv" should be fine, and will put your keypair in the
keystore. Reading a pubkey packet tries to put it in the db.

Tim
--
Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net