Re: [Monotone-devel] Migration database from 0.18 -> 0.29 fails

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Migration database from 0.18 -> 0.29 fails
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:13:28 -0700

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 10:59:37PM +0200, Markus Meyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got the following problem migrating a database from 0.18 (yeah, I
> know, it's quite old) to 0.29:
[...]
> mtn: fatal: St11logic_error: paths.cc:251: invariant
> 'I(utf8_validate(path))' violated

It looks like the problem is the file with a name like:

  imfront/python/schnellstart/Verkn?pfung mit imfront.bat.lnk

Monotone was supposed to convert this filename to UTF-8 back when it
first added it, but didn't; since then we've tightened up the checks
for such things.  If you know what charset it's in (you seem to be in
the C locale, so monotone doesn't), we can almost certainly put a
patch in the migration code to make this work...

(There may be other files with similar problems, that it errored out
before seeing.)

.i dei jitfa fanmo xatra