Re: RFC: mtn split (Was: [Monotone-devel] Best practice using monotone)

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: RFC: mtn split (Was: [Monotone-devel] Best practice using monotone)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:37:34 -0500

"Rob Schoening" <address@hidden>  wrote:
> Intuitively, I've always wanted to be able to exclude files from
> commit by simply deleting the appropriate CVS: or MTN: lines in the
> editor that correspond to the files that I want to exclude.

I don't think this would be possible.  By the time you are inside the
editor to record your comment, monotone has already selected the files
to commit in the new revision.  The best you could do is abort the
commit by comparing the log template before and after.  If there were
any "MTN:" prefixes missing, abort.  If there was no comment, abort.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/