[Monotone-devel] (ANNOUNCE) Secrecy in version control

From: Jeronimo Pellegrini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] (ANNOUNCE) Secrecy in version control
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:37:26 -0300

Hello.

I would like to announce Apso, a framework for secrecy in
distributed version control systems:

http://aleph0.info/apso/

Apso keeps an encrypted version of your repository, so you can
keep your homework/PhD thesis/secret plans/configuration on a
hostile server.

It's still a prototype, and the code needs some reorganization.

Currently the only version control system supported is Monotone
(but there are plans to add others)

I hope you people find it useful.

(There was a thread some time ago on "encrypted monotone". I
 couldn't fix the packaging and set up the server then, because
 I was busy -- but I'm back now, and the server should be
 working!)

J.