Re: [Monotone-devel] workspace merge status update

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] workspace merge status update
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 21:21:54 -0700

On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 08:50:02PM -0700, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> Much appreciated.  That looks quite nice.  (I had no idea you could
> get() an entire directory tree, or I wouldn't have bothered with that
> "gettree" thing.)

Oh, well, I didn't either, but I figured if it didn't work I would
just fix get(), but then it worked :-).

> One thing doesn't make sense -- there is commentary
> on the need to fix up the absolute paths in _MTN/options of the saved
> workspaces, and there are indeed absolute paths in those files that
> don't exist on my computer, but I see no code to fix up the paths ...
> and yet the test succeeds on my computer.  How is this possible?

Ah, that could use some commenting... if you look carefully at the
checks its doing, it doesn't compare the two options files
byte-for-byte, it has some hardcoded regexes it scans for, with
artfully placed .*'s.

> Also, must we have the 140-column separator lines? :-)

Nope!  Feel free to fix whatever...

"Of course, the entire effort is to put oneself
 Outside the ordinary range
 Of what are called statistics."
  -- Stephan Spender