Re: [Monotone-devel] [RFC] DAG-based revision refinement

From: Zbynek Winkler
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [RFC] DAG-based revision refinement
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:54:37 +0200

On 9/9/06, Timothy Brownawell <address@hidden> wrote:
There's been some minor thought given to having a refinement scheme for
revisions (for netsync) that makes use of the DAG structure to do better
than the merkle refinement we do now.

[nice description of the algorithm]

I like it ;-) I have something like this on paper too but your description is far better. I wanted to implement this as an experiment (probably in python using the automate interface like the "dumb" branch) but a new job took most of my free time (that is also why I am responding this late).

Zbynek

--
http://robotika.cz/