[Monotone-devel] automate inventory questions

From: Hugo Cornelis
Subject: [Monotone-devel] automate inventory questions
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:42:03 -0500

Hi,

I am building a small script to automate the release management of one
of my projects.  To see if the current workspace has uncommitted
differences, I use the 'automate inventory' command, and parse the
output in the script.

According to the docs, I can get the following outcomes :

           M 0 0 missing
          AP 0 0 added
         D   0 0 dropped
         R   1 0 renamed-from-this
          R  0 1 renamed-to-this
           P 0 0 patched
             0 0 unchanged
           U 0 0 unknown
           I 0 0 ignored

Yet, I see in the output the following entries :

' A  0 0 docs/'
' A  0 0 docs/HOWTO.outline'
' AP 0 0 build-dist'

I can understand the first entry as it is a directory, could that be
documented ?  The second entry and third entry are both non-empty
files that have been added, but the output seems contradictory, as one
has a 'P', the other hasn't.  Is there a rationale for this output ?
What is the correct output for an empty added file ?

Hugo

--
                   Hugo Cornelis Ph.D.

                 Research Imaging Center
  University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
                   7703 Floyd Curl Drive
                San Antonio, TX  78284-6240

                   Phone: 210 567 8112
                     Fax: 210 567 8152