Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: FreeBSD's requirements for its future VCS

From: Daniel Carosone
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: FreeBSD's requirements for its future VCS
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 11:55:38 +1000

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 12:36:41AM +0200, Lapo Luchini wrote:
> Lapo Luchini wrote:
> > http://wikitest.freebsd.org/VersionControl
>
> My personal analysis of monotone vs wanted features" (very rough):

Thankyou, this is a great start.

I think it would be great to put together a consolidated response to
these requirements and add monotone to their list.

Is someone already working on that, or has discussion here just
petered out?

It's a good set of well-organised requirements -- and it's not just
FreeBSD that will look at the results and findings and comparisons
they make.  I've pointed our NetBSD group looking at similar issues at
these requirements (because ours are likely to be very similar).

I'm not sure what the best way to proceed from here is, or whether
someone else has made further progress on monotone-specific answers.
Please respond if you're working on this so we can collaborate.  I can
see that we might:

 - start (set of) a monotone wiki page(s) describing our capabilities,
   with reference to the FreeBSD pages (and perhaps also to other
   similar comparison pages elsewhere..)

 - start some monotone pages with answers similar to the ones they
   have for hg, etc.

 - draft an email response adressing each point in turn.

I think I'll make a start at turning this email into #1, please chip
in if you can.

--
Dan.